Friday, February 29, 2008

Week 4 #8

Well, it seems that since I have set up a Google Reader account and now have newsfeeds coming in, I will be spending an inordinate amount of time at my computer. I have never seen so much information about my beloved California Angels!! (Sorry CocoaCowboy... there's always next year for the A's.) 
I still need to play with these a bit more. I tend to like the more creative projects of 2.0, but the RSS may prove to be useful to me in the future. Having created a blog for our district Science Olympiad, I need to find a way to track changes similarly to the way our 2.0 group is keeping track of its participants. What are some things I need to do to accomplish this? I'm sure I'll get it when time allows. Until later, I'm just Taking In the View.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I agree, I didn't set up an RSS feeder that I checked until launching sciliberkeley, in which the 4th and 5th grade science release teachers and the elementary library technicians each set up blogs. Then, rather than referring to it as my bloglines, I thought of it clearly as a lifeline! Can you share the url of your Science Olympiad blog, or put a link to it in your sidebar? http://sciliberkeley.blogspot.com is ours, though it is not going fully "live" till mid-march.

Cocoa Cowboy said...

California Angels? And you call yourself a fan! I believe its the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim on Katella near the Pond and formally Charlie Brown's, the best Happy Hour before a ballgame. Did I get the whole name or am I missing a few more nouns? Hey, Angels fan, learn the name of your team!

The A's shall rise again! Go Nor Cal. Go Cal Bears. Beat USC!

Oh. The Science Olympiad blog is a great idea.

Beer Made Us Do It said...

The whole Angel thing is way out of line. Don't be a hater!
That simple mistake shows what a fan I am. My love of the Angels goes back to the days of happy hours and free parking at Charlie Browns. It goes back to the days when they didn't win. You should completely understand having high hopes for your team for the season and have them shattered with a ball between the legs or a walk off homerun. I even endured the period of time when they were run by the "happiest place on earth". Yes, I was a fan back when they represented all of California, as the California Angels.