Friday, February 29, 2008

Week 5 #10 and #11



I had the opportunity today to play a little. Noticing that YouTube was on the "short list" I felt the urge to follow another, yet similar, path that led me to TeacherTube. I have embeded a video titled "American Idle: Information Resources that parodies American Idol. I'm sure Simon would not appreciate this "high quality" performance. But, it is an example of teachers and LMTs collaborating!
I've spent my career as a teacher in the elementary school arena. Any insight into life as a high school LMT that might persuade me to seek positions at a high school level and use my LMT credential?

Beach custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more - ImageChef.com 

I used image chef to once again state that it seems I'm "Just Taking in the View."

4 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Thanks for sharing America Idle -- what a crack-up, especially for this American Idol fan. :)

Connie said...

What a great way to reinforce the definition of parody, to help students learn and/or review how to evaluate internet resources, and to remind them that their librarian is their best help accessing information from the resources available. Thank you.

Becca said...

Especially since YouTube is blocked in so many districts, I've often turned to Teacher Tube, as sometimes the same video shows up there. But mostly I like the applied educational creativity!

Daydream Queen said...

OMGosh! This is great! I love the simple but accurate portrayal of these resources. This was fun to watch!